The mechanical engineering department at HKBK College of Engineering continually strives to achieve excellence in academics and industry-oriented research to prepare globally competitive professionals. The institute offers the best mechanical engineering degree program and provides training in different fields of specializations so that the candidates can get employment immediately after their graduation.
Mechanical Engineering is a leading department at the HKBK College of Engineering for innovation, commercialization, and industry collaboration.Our MEng courses give you advanced engineering knowledge complemented by practical and transferable skills, and the chance to gain professional experience during your degree.
The institute’s mechanical engineering department is supported by a team of well-experienced and qualified faculty that train the students for the global industry with their real-world experiences. The department emphasizes on high-quality teaching and practical training. Being one of the best mechanical engineering colleges in Bangalore, HKBK offers the best learning environment to the students and focuses on their overall personality development and growth. The department boasts of well-equipped laboratories and workshops that cater to all the requirements of students.
The scope of employment is wide in mechanical engineering including Aerospace, Automotive, Shipping, Chemical, Computers, Electronics, Nuclear Power, Manufacturing, Robotics, and Textiles. In public sector units like Railways, ONGC, Indian Oil, ISRO, SAIL, NTPC, DDRO and IAF.
Our students have also obtained placements at leading companies such as Infosys, Godrej, Escort, L&T, Wipro, ISMT, Mahindra & Mahindra, JCB, Eicher, Bosch, Ashok Leyland, Toyota, KIA and many more.
The institute aims to:
• Impart quality education in mechanical engineering to the students
• Develop state-of-the-art research facilities for the students to excel in the competitive world
• Develop a professional potential for society
The undergraduate mechanical engineering program at HKBK provides a broad scientific and technical knowledge in this field. The specialization is provided in:
• Automatic controls
• Fluid mechanics
• Applied mechanics
• Manufacturing system
• Mass transfer
• Mechanical design and many more subjects.
During the first two years of the program, the coursework emphasizes on physics, chemistry, mathematics, materials, computing, statistics and graphics. In the last two years, the emphasis is put on the mechanics of solids and fluids, heat transfer, manufacturing, instrumentation, system synthesis and thermodynamics.
Modern computing facilities are provided to the students at CAD and CAM labs. HKBK College of Engineering also offer good placement opportunities to the students and have tie-ups with big industry players.
- To nurture creativity and critical thinking in applying engineering skills to analyze and face the fast growing globalization.
- To develop holistic personality of the learners and to create professionally superior and ethically strong global manpower.
- To create center of excellence in research and development.
- The mission of the department is to transform students into world class mechanical engineers by providing a high quality engineering education through effective teaching learning process and creation of new knowledge so as to make them highly professional.
- To offer a well-balanced programme of instruction, practical experience, and opportunities for overall personality development.
- To shape the students as disciplined humane engineers who can build a strong, peaceful and dynamic country.